Are you ready for another inspiring challenge from AnnaBelle Stamps?
Adding faux stitching with a white gel pen has to be one of the simplest ways to create interest to a card without bulk (cardmaking queen Kristina Werner rarely makes a card without it) and looks just about real enough to fool anyone at first glance.
I had the contents of my recently delivered parcel from Simon Says Stamp all over my desk when I went to start making this card - I couldn't resist the April card kit from Simon Says Stamp (what can I say, I love pastels!) and the round buttons die by Memory Box was practically walking itself over to my Bigshot to be used ;)
I used the Hero Arts (Lilac) layering paper from the card kit for the cardbase and the sentiment layer as well as for one of the buttons. The largest button is made with Carnation layering paper (also from the kit) and the orange button is cut from some Kaisercraft Peachy Keen patterned paper I had in my scrap drawer.
I white embossed the sentiment from Love Birds and added a stitched border above and below the cute patterned paper from Lawn Fawn (also from the card kit). I also added real stitches to the buttons with crochet thread.
I hope that you will find the time to play along with this challenge, sewing (faux or otherwise) is so much fun! The rest of the AnnaBelle Stamps DT girls' blogs can be found on my sidebar - I recommend having a look at their blogs to see what they have come up with this week!
That's it from me, take care and have a fantastic weekend!
About our challenges:
- We post our challenges every Friday at 12:00pm AEST (AEDT during Daylight Savings).
- Each challenge runs for a week, and will close on the Friday 10.00am so that we can announce and showcase our weekly winners prior to the next challenge.
- Copy and save our challenge banner and include it and a link back to the ABS blog in your post.
- Please link directly to your entry not just to your blog.
- A maximum of 7 challenges may be combined including this one.
- You may enter any of our challenges several times as long as each submission is with a new creation.