Friday, March 23, 2012

With Love

Happy Friday! Hope everyone is gearing up for a great weekend! I am hoping that this wet weather goes away for a few days so that I can get some washing done - how about you?

And since it's Friday I'm here to share this week's AnnaBelle Stamps challenge with you. It's time to use some twine!


I am fairly unimaginative when it comes to twine and ribbon... the most daring thing I do is a knot instead of a bow ;) So this card is totally me:


Stampwise I used the silhouette image from All Things Grow with Love and the sentiment from Squared Mother's Day. I inked the silhouette with Umber Versacolor and then around the top with Pinecone Versacolor. The sentiment was stamped with Pinecone.


I dyed some Natural Hemp Twine with ink from a brown Marvy marker diluted with water and waited for it to dry. Once dry I looped it around the top panel where I had already stamped the silhouette and sentiment and tied a bow. The cardstock is lovely textured Canson Vivaldi cardstock in 'Cream'.

I hope that this card has inspired you just a little bit! Check out the links below to see what my fellow DT members have created this week - their amazing creations show how versatile twine can be!



Marion
Sue K
Therese
Sue W
Andrea
Kylie
Patti

Bye for now!




About our challenges:
  • We post our challenges every Friday at 12:00pm AEST (AEDT during Daylight Savings).
  • Each challenge runs for a week, and will close on the Friday 10.00am so that we can announce and showcase our weekly winners prior to the next challenge.
  • Each weeks winner will receive our special blinkie to display on their blog and a $10.00 Gift Voucher to spend in store at AnnaBelle Stamps (or something equivalent).
How To Play Along:
  • Copy and save our challenge banner and include it and a link back to the ABS blog in your post.
  • Please link directly to your entry not just to your blog.
  • Please don't link to postings made prior to the date of our current challenge. All projects submitted must be new.
  • A maximum of 7 challenges may be combined including this one.
  • You may enter any of our challenges several times as long as each submission is with a new creation.
  • We would love you to use AnnaBelle Stamps and embellishments, but you can play along without using them, it’s all about sharing ideas :)

8 comments:

  1. I think this card is fabulous Jess - great CAS design :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your 'self coloured' twine, your card is CAS perfection Jess! I'm off to take another look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautiful Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the queen of CAS cards! Absolutely LOVE this Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card, Jess! LOVE your CAS design and I love all the white space, love white space lol!

    Take Care,
    Kylie X

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWESOME card Jess! I loved this as soon as I saw it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. another CAS classic Jess!! all the white perfectly showcases the grass, great colouring of the twine! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one I receive!