Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Welcome little one

Sorry I've been MIA lately - not just from blogging but I have fallen way behind in my post reading and commenting as well. I've just been trying to rest my hands as much as possible due to a flare-up of a previous injury in my right hand from my previous job. I've been overdoing it a bit lately so I think my body was saying slow down! So I've been avoiding the computer as much as possible and I've only started making cards again in the past couple of days because stamping seemed to make the pain worse.

I had a bit of a play last night and to help my hand out I created the card I'm sharing for three challenges in one. AnnaBelle Stamps challenged us to make a card in pink, green and kraft and CAS-ual Fridays wants us to just add colour. Wee Memories is having a free for all so that makes three.



welcomelittleone_01a

The dotted background is from Background by Design 3 from AnnaBelle Stamps stamped with Petal Pink Versacolor ink.
The Backgrounds by Design line of stamps is what drew me to AnnaBelle Stamps in the first place - I do love background stamps. What I didn't know until I bought this set is what makes them the best background stamps ever is how easy they are to line up - I mean, if I can do it, anyone can! :)



welcomelittleone_01b

I coloured the umbrella from the 'Baby Shower' set by Fiskars in Spun Sugar and Bundled Sage distress inks with a paintbrush and some water added. I used a grey marker to colour the bit of the umbrella you hold onto (what is that actually called? - the handle maybe?) and to add a bit of a shadow to the umbrella trim.

I used watercolour paper for all of the layers except for the cardbase (Kraft).

Well I'm going to stop typing now as the pain is starting to come back - gonna go put on a heatpack I think.

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you have a good one!

16 comments:

  1. Such a perfect compliment background stamp to that really cute image! I do so love your colors as well for a baby card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card Jess and I recognize your sentiment too! Hope your hand gets well and quits troubling you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would hate any injury that kept me away from my cards, I really hope you get well soon!
    This is such a cute colour combo for a little girl. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely adorable! That background is delicious and that sweet little umbrella is the perfect focal image. Sa-WEET! I so hope you're feeling better soon! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just 'wow!' Jess. I love your CAS style. This makes such a cute baby card and would be easy to replicate in any colour! Thanks for playing with us at AnnaBelles this week. And I hop your hand gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, love your stamped background, a cute card for a new arrival.
    Sandy

    You can view my card here

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooo pretty!! Just love the subtle background & the umbrella is so sweet. Thanks for joining us at Wee Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so very sweet Jess! I love the soft colours!
    Thanks for sharing with us this week, and I hope your hand is feeling better soon :)
    Hugs,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jess, this is DARLING! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Jess! Sorry to hear you've been in pain and hope you rest up so you can keep up with the craft you love! Thanks for playing along with AnnaBelle this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love this! It is just so adorable.
    Thanks so much for playing at Wee Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  13. very sweet card - the colours make it so soft!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh and I hope your hands feel better ... I can't imagine how sad it would be to not be able to stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a beautiful card, well done :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one I receive!