Monday, September 12, 2011

Just Because

First day back at work today, and boy was it hard to go back! And the work never stops so I have some catching up to do. ::sigh::

On a more positive note, I have a card I created for the Scrapbook Boutique's monthly challenge for September. The inspiration photo is below:


The challenge is to use berry, pink, aqua and a touch of pearl to a project. Here's what I came up with:


Just Because (1)


I used 3 different mediums for the bloom in the center - paper flowers from Kaisercraft, designer paper from Kaisercraft (Be Mine collection) and Bazzil cardstock (both of which were cut using the Tattered Florals die from Tim Holtz. I coloured a white pearl brad with a light pink copic marker and folded the prongs of the brad to hold the flower together.



Just Because (2)

I created a 6 x 4 top folding card using Canson cardstock in white. I then went through my extensive ribbon collection, hummed and hawed, then finally decided on some aqua grosgrain that I had received as a bonus gift with a purchase. As it wasn't quite working as it was, I took some twill and stamped a stitch stamp from a set by Papercraft (which I never ever use but is the first stamp set I bought, go figure) in Turquoise Versacolor ink. I glued the twill strip to the middle of the aqua grosgrain ribbon and adhered to the front of the card.

I attached the flower to the center of the twill ribbon using glue dots and finished the card by stamping the '... just because' sentiment from the All Year Greetings set by Fiskars in Versafine Black Onyx.

Thanks so much for taking a look!

7 comments:

  1. What an amazing take on the inspiration photo! LOVE the crisp white clean background that makes your bloom shine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great CAS card highlighted by that stunning flower x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you have made your flower and coloured the brad to match! Perfect!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapbook Boutique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely soft card, I like the simplicity of it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow love this stunning cas card. Simply elegant. Thank you for joining us at scrapbook boutique this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is eye catching with the white space and that amazing flower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is totally awesome! LOVE that flower and your fab CAS design!
    Thanks for joining us at Scrapbook Boutique!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one I receive!