Saturday, September 10, 2011

Birthday Medley

Good afternoon and Happy Saturday! It's a VERY windy day here in Brisbane so I haven't ventured outside at all except to collect debris from around the yard and pick up overturned pots. It's awful, but at least it's making the washing dry really fast! Being inside though has meant I am 'forced' to craft up in my newly organised craft room (hehe) so here is a card I created for the "Simply Sentiments" challenge from Wee Memories.

Birthday Medley (2)

Birthday Medley (1)


The challenge is to make the sentiment the focal point so I used Birthday Medley, one of my digital sentiments available at Squigglefly and printed it onto Bazzil aqua cardstock. I then ran it through my Bigshot with the Jumbo Scallops die from Die-namics. I masked off the sentiment portion as well as the scallops with a couple of post-its and stamped the Hero Arts Dotted Background cling stamp in Versamark ink over the cardstock. I then chose some pale green Bazzil cardstock to complement the aqua (who says blue and green should never be seen??) and cut off  a couple of strips which I used to disguise the depression above the scallops left by the dienamics die (I think because my sandwich was a bit too tight - should have made a test cut first!)

I then created a top folding 6 x 4 inch card in the same pale green as the strips used on the aqua panel and then glued the aqua panel down to the front of the card.

Before I go, I thought I would share this photo I just took of Abby - she has a plethora of soft places around the house and in this room where she can lie in the sun (including the carpeted floor!) but she chooses to sit on the most uncomfortable thing she can find. I guess I should be flattered though because the set of drawers she is lying on is the closest thing to me :)


IMG_0047

Well that's it from me today, but I'll be back tomorrow with another card I created whilst waiting for the wind to die down :)

Enjoy your day!

3 comments:

  1. Really lovely, simple card. Great use of the sentiment. Thanks for playing at Wee Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Jess! The color combination is great too. Your cat is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always amaze me with your color choices, this is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one I receive!