Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Love Always

Happy Wednesday! Just popping in to share a card I made to enter into this week's CAS-ual Friday challenge - Stuck on You. The idea is to use a sticker so this is what I created:



Love Always


I know I seem obsessed with white/clear embossing at the moment! I can't help it though, it's one of my new favourites. I'm also entering this one into Lily Pad Card's Emboss Resist challenge.

I clear embossed the Roses stamp from Inkadinkado's 'Flourishes' on a sheet of labels by Avery. I used the ink blender tool to swipe on some Spun Sugar distress ink and then some Milled Lavender over that to make it a bit less pink so that I could come in with Worn Lipstick and a paintbrush to paint the roses. I gave the same treatment to the leaves using Shabby Shutters. I blotted excess ink off with a tissue and then adhered the labels on to the front of the card with great care to get them lined up evenly.
I then wrapped some white cotton string to the front of the card, tied a bow and stamped a sentiment from Hero Arts 'All Occasion Messages' in Worn Lipstick. To give the Worn Lipstick a more muted effect I stamped it once on some scrap paper and then on the card front.

This card was extremely hard to photograph - I think mostly because of the pale colours but also the awkward placement of the bow - the ends sat awkwardly when I stood the card up so I had to lay the card flat to get a better shot.

Also a question - does anyone find my photos of poor quality/ hard to see details / too light / too dark or...? I find that photos look better on my home computer (which I have edited them on) and on the odd occasion I've looked on my computer at work I find they look darker and less eye-catching. It's hard to please all monitors I know, but any feedback (whether positive or negative!) would be appreciated!

Thanks for taking a peek! :)

4 comments:

  1. I think your pictures are beautiful, and I often find my photographs look completely different on other monitors as well, can't please everyone! Your card is so delightfully beautiful and soft. Great design. Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Jess! - soft and feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ADORE that sticker technique! What a super clever idea - one that I'll most definitely be using very, very soon!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one I receive!