Thursday, January 13, 2011

Happy Birthday

Just a quick post tonight - I'm nursing a bit of a cold and probably should go to bed!
I've been wanting to play along with the Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger for a while but haven't had the time, till now. Since I've been forced to stay home from work since Tuesday (see this article for the reason) I've had some spare time up my sleeve.

Here is the trigger image for this week:


And here's what I came up with:

Happy Birthday

The trigger image looks like someone's having a party, maybe for a birthday? So I made it a birthday card. I took inspiration from the garlands hanging from the ceiling and punched circles out of similarly coloured cardstock. I then took out my old mini sewing machine and messy stitched across the length of the card to connect them. This was my first go at stitching on a card - I envy the straight edges that others are able to achieve! I need heaps of practice... but please believe me that the stitches on this card are wiggly on purpose, I'm not really that bad at it I promise! Though I have to confess, it took me about half an hour just to thread the silly thing properly (note to self: keep the manual to the sewing machine somewhere handy and actually refer to it when threading the machine!)

Size of card: C6 (A5 folded)

Supplies:
Card/paper - Bazzill textured cardstock, Quill white cardstock
Stamp - 'Birthday' mini stamp set by Kaisercraft
Ink - Versafine 'Black Onyx'
Tools - Carl rotary trimmer, Helmar glue runner, Carl 1 1/4" round punch, sewing machine


Challenge: Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger: Bright Spot

Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

  1. I think your card looks ready for a party, I really enjoy the bright bold circles and stitching! Hope you get to feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are not too badly effected by the flooding Jess - stay safe. Hopefully the worst is over :)

    Love the stitching on your card and your coloured circles are a perfect match for the inspiration photo - great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Great minds think alike! But I like yours so much better. It's so much cleaner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your take on the Trigger, Jess! So bright and happy!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jess! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your take on the Trigger, Jess
    Your card is great!
    Hugs Gisela

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one I receive!