Sunday, January 9, 2011

Happy Birthday

Happy Sunday everyone! This week's theme at Sentimental Sundays is Anything with Wings (+ a sentiment). Think birds, planes, butterflies... you name it!

I have a thing for dragonflies so I made this one:


birthday_0111_01a


Here's another view:


birthday_0111_01b

I was inspired by a technique by Jennifer McGuire for this one - on a sheet of acetate I combined a couple of drops of Milled Lavender distress ink with a generous blob of Platinum Liquid Pearls like what she did in this video. She's probably done this as well but I don't remember seeing it - I used a sponge applicator to sponge the resulting 'ink' (well, it's more like a paint really) onto the stamp and stamped it on watercolour paper. It has the most beautiful, subtle shimmer in real life that I just love, but it is quite hard to capture with the camera. You'll just have to trust me :)

I stamped the sentiment using 'Ash Rose' versacolor ink (an almost dead ringer for Milled Lavender!)  on a tag using the same watercolour paper and traced over the letters with my clear Spica Atyou pen for some more sparkle.

You can see what the rest of the Sentimental Sundays team have created this week at the Sentimental Sundays challenge blog. You have until next Sunday to submit your entry if you decide to play along, and the random winner will receive four individual sets of digital sentiments from Raindrop Echo Designs Whimsy Stamps Digital Collection, and a custom watermark from the Custom Designs at Whimsy Stamps!

Size of card: C6 (A5 folded)

Supplies:

Card/paper - Bazzill textured cardstock, watercolour paper
Stamp - 'Birthday Sentiments' by My Sentiments Exactly, Dragonfly from 'Garden Delight' by Inkadinkado
 Ink - 'Milled Lavender' distress ink, 'Ash Rose' Versacolor
 Extra - Platinum Liquid Pearls, Clear Spica Atyou pen, ribbon, crochet cotton

Tools - Carl rotary trimmer, scissors, Helmar glue runner, Carl tag punch, sponge

Thanks for looking! Enjoy your Sunday :)

8 comments:

  1. This is lovely Jess. I haven't tried this technique before but you have made it look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, first, you've used dragonflies, I love dragonflies and am partial to them. Second, you've showcased a lovely technique and it looks absolutely beautiful and lastly, its a great design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Jess! So soft and feminine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Jess, so elegant :)

    Have a great week!
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty and elegant! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Love the soft butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card Jess!
    Love the soft colours.
    Great work.
    Wishing you a happy weekend.
    Hugs from Germany
    Swantje

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one I receive!