Saturday, December 4, 2010

Home Sweet Home

This was a slightly belated housewarming card for a former colleague who recently bought a house.


homesweethome_02


Here's a slightly different angle:


homesweethome_01

The sentiment was released this weekend at Squigglefly [click here to get it!]

I think I unconsciously used Clean and Simple's sketch 108 (sort of) for this card, but I only realised it because I happened to glance at the handy PDF of sketches 96-108 I have pinned up on my bulletin board today. Weird! Great sketch though ;)

I used versamark to stamp the houses (one stamp, repeated). I've found that if you want a darker impression just press the stamp down for longer. I'm not sure whether I've shared this tip before, so if I have my apologies. :)

Size of card: approx 4" round(ish)

Supplies:
Card/paper - Quill white cardstock, Matte photo paper, Utopia collection by Kaisercraft, Cre8tive textured cardstock

Stamps - "Home Sweet Home" from Squigglefly (by me!), Inque Boutique "Memoirs"
Ink - Versamark
Tools - Carl rotary trimmer, Pixma printer, Bigshot, Big Scallop nestabilities, Circle nestabilities


And I just thought I'd share another picture of my girl Abby - this time showing where she likes to sleep while I craft.


Abby


I swear she has that 'oh you've just gotten up so you're going to feed me' look on her face that she wears so often ;)

Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a lovely day!

5 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card, I am sure that your friend love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful layout, wonderful colors and wonderful combination of patterns/stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fab card - love those subtle houses and the colours are soooooo fun!
    Also love the pic of your cat too, bet she's a fab crafting buddy :)
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. your cat is so pretty Jess! I love your sentiment and the way you used it in this clean and simple card design. I used your sentiment too - it went PERFECTLY with another one of the new images at Squigglefly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always your sentiment is fantastic Jess. Sweet card and love the colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one I receive!