Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Just saying hello

It doesn't happen often, but this time I've managed to pretty much follow a sketch exactly (except for the scalloped bit, but it's not my fault I don't have a die cutting machine - yet!)

Here's Clean and Simple Stamping's sketch for last week:



And here's my very clean and simple card:

Just saying hello
(click on the image to see it close-up)


I'm just not a big fan of wasting ribbon, or having it showing on the other side when the card is opened, so the white layer is my compromise. I cut the ribbon so that it was about 1cm longer than either end and then taped it down to the back side of the layer nice and secure with my tape runner.

In order to get the sentiment centered (and straight!) I used my faithful centering ruler to work out the center and drew a line going an inch either way giving me 2 points of reference for where my sentiment should sit (side-to-side and in the middle). I stamped the sentiment on the line and erased it after.

Size of card: 4" square

Supplies:
Card/paper - Quill white cardstock, "Devonshire" paper collection by Kaisercraft
Stamps - Hero Arts "Classic Messages" (CL414)
Ink - Versacolor "Pinecone"
Extras - ribbon
Tools - Fiskars paper trimmer, Renoir tape runner, Martha Stewart circle cutter

Challenge: FTL#92

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Love the perfect simplicity you achieved!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one I receive!