Friday, June 25, 2010

Happy Birthday

I didn't enter Cardpatterns challenge last week - I just didn't feel inspired by the sketch, and as I have found, that isn't a bad thing or a failure on my part. I find that 'forcing' myself to follow a sketch just does not work. It leaves me with a crappy-looking card and a mood to match. So I made a deal with myself that I will only follow a sketch if it inspires me, and if I can make a usable card out of it.

Not having to make a card last Friday night gave me the most wonderful feeling of freedom, and also gave me the chance to catch up with a few other bits and pieces I've been working on. Both good things!

But this week's sketch DID inspire me, so here we are.

Here's the sketch:



And here's my card:

Happy Birthday


I took the plunge and bought a Sizzix Big Shot. I got a really good deal at Lincraft's stocktake sale a few weeks back (which, as per the website, is still on) and I've been buying up dies left right and center. I'm having so much fun with it!
This is the first card I've made with my Nestabilities (Big Scallop Circle LG).

I found a great blog - Indigo Inklings which has very useful articles and advice for using the Big Shot. The author has kindly put together a PDF document with a really easy to follow chart about using the Multi-Purpose Platform (MPP) which I have printed out and stuck on the noticeboard beside my crafting table for quick reference. The chart can be accessed via this page.

Size of card: 4" square

Supplies:
Card/paper - Bazzil textured cardstock "Vanilla", Inque Boutique "Isn't it Romantic" collection
Stamp - Kaisercraft
Ink - Versacolor "Misty Mauve"
Extra - Hero Arts "Sparkle" embossing powder
Tools - Fiskars paper trimmer, Osmer glue tape, Martha Stewart Circle Cutter, Big Shot, Spellbinders Nestabilities "Big Scallop Circle LG"

Challenge: Cardpatterns Sketch #69

1 comment:

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one I receive!