Saturday, May 29, 2010

Just a note

This is the card I promised in this entry and then got sidetracked by the deadline for this week's Cardpatterns sketch. Made it with 3 hours to go (phew!)

I used pages from the "Utopia" paper pad I fell in love with whilst browsing at my local craft shop for this card (as well as this one) and I'm sure there'll be more to come.

Just a note


I used the 'Just a note' sentiment because I made this card for one of the PhD candidates at work who is going away for a year on fieldwork. I couldn't find anything else that seemed fitting for the occasion... I really need to get one that says 'good luck', though even that doesn't seem quite right somehow... 'We'll miss you' maybe?

You can't see it in the photo but the flower has a 'spot varnish' finish on parts of it which is really quite pretty in real life.

Size of card: 4" square

Supplies:
Card/paper - Quill white cardstock, "Utopia" paper pad by Kaisercraft
Stamps - Sullivan's sentiment
Ink - Versafine "Onyx Black"
Tools - Fiskars paper trimmer, Cre8tive spring scissors, Renoir glue runner


Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one I receive!