Thursday, May 13, 2010

Covered notebook tutorial

Here are some simple directions for covering a plain notebook. It can be as embellished as you want or need, making a heartwarming gift for that special someone for little cost.

Start by measuring your notebook. Mine is the unlined type of which I bought several last time I went to the bargain shop in the Valley. I find that the thermal-bound ones are easier to cover than the ring-bound ones as there is less fiddling around with the hole punch.

"George" covered notebook - Step 1


Since the black band matches the colours of my design, I'm not going to cover it - just the front and back flaps up to the binding. Once you've got the dimensions for the front and back cut the patterned paper you have chosen using your paper trimmer.

"George" covered notebook - Step 2


Glue on the patterned paper to both front and back flaps up to the binding. I use a glue runner to adhere mine.

"George" covered notebook - Step 3


Once both sides are covered with the background patterned paper you can embellish away... for this manly notebook I cut out some circles from the "George" paper in the Shaken not Stirred collection by Kaisercraft.

Covered Notebook - Shaken not Stirred


I hope you enjoyed this quick little tutorial! Please let me know if you have any questions or comments :)

Supplies:
Card/paper - Kaisercraft patterned paper "George" and "Roger"
Ink - none
Tools - Fiskars paper trimmer, Bostik glue tape, Cre8tive spring scissors

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one I receive!